Tainan Science Education Museum is affiliated with the Tainan City Bureau of Education managing Tainan Astronomical Education Area and the Tainan Children’s Science Museum
Tainan Astronomical Education Area
- about Tainan Astronomical Education Area:
Besides telescope observing, exhibits with exploration interactions, 3D full dome planetarium theater, also a natural habitat of the environment with a great view of the Tsung-wen River and moon world. We also have a sundial restaurant, and star house providing food, beverage and souvenir.
◎opening hours: Tue to Sun 09:00~17:00
- Observatory Saturday opens until 21:00
- Closed on Monday and Chinese New Year eve
- Tainan Astronomical Education Area three major buildings:
Owning telescope with different caliber, including the biggest on ground, a 76CM telescope. Every Saturday night is open for observation.
- Astronomy Exhibition Hall
Including three themed floors:1F our home、2F birth of the solar system、3F vast universe
On the 3F there is a full dome planetarium theater，the first in Taiwan with a 3D digital omnimax celestial globe，feeling the power and the reality of the similated sky and science films. Also the 1F has an interaction exhibit, the 2F have a star light classroom.
- Tour service:
20 and up can reserve for a tour, also providing schedule tours.
- Astronomy Exhibition Hall：50NT, discount ticket 40NT, 6 and under, 65 and up free, with disable pass may allow one company for free.
- 2D full dome planetarium theater：100NT, discount ticket 70NT, 65 and up 50NT, with disable pass may allow one company for free.
- 3D full dome planetarium theater：130NT, discount ticket 100NT, 65 and up 65NT, with disable pass may allow one company for free.
Tainan Children’s Science Museum
Children’s Science Museum, established in 1978 is a place of memories for Tainan children throughout their childhood. Constantly holding science fairs and exhibitions providing parent and children a chance to interact with science.
◎Add: No.5, Gongyuan N. Rd., North Dist., Tainan City
- Wed to Sun 09:00~17:00
- closed every Monday and Tuesday, Chinese new year.
- Tour Service: provide 20 and up group tours (register online)
- Free exhibitions